September 12, 2023: Isaruit is presently waiting for funding to arrive later this fall, in order to be able to hire for this position. Please send a note to the Centre Coordinator at email@example.com if you intend to apply for the position of Sewing Programs Coordinator when it opens. We will send you an email when the position re-opens! Qujannamiik!
Role: Coordinating sewing spaces, supplies and sessions.
- Helping set up sewing rooms;
- Working collaboratively with other sewing staff to coordinate sewing project sessions;
- Supporting and scheduling sewing instructors and other workers
- Ordering, organizing and storing supplies and sewing creations
- Being trained in sewing machine maintenance and sewing program development
- Managing Isaruit’s Sewing Pattern collection
- Visioning and planning sewing programs with Isaruit Board and staff
Good written and verbal English skills; Good verbal and written Inuktitut skills (or a willingness to improve and extend basic Inuktitut listening skills); Knowledge of Inuit sewing patterns and traditions; Ability to work collaboratively with participants of all ages; Familiarity with Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit Principles; A great interest in Inuit arts in general.
Work expectations: Under the supervision of the Centre Coordinator work flexible hours, always with one other staff person, at the Isaruit main office, & Room #117 & Sewing Rooms #302 and #316, never at 815 St. Laurent Blvd. Isaruit is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and non-violent working environment.