Saturday, January 30, 2023, at the Isaruit Inuit Arts AGM, a new Board of Directors for Isaruit was elected.
Here is the list of officers.
ᐃᓴᕈᐃᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᓯᕗᐊᑎᑎᔨ
Isaruit Inuit Arts Board of Directors
ᓂᕈᐊᑕᐅᔪᑦ, ᔭᓄᐊᕆ 28, 2023
As of election, at the AGM, January 28, 2023
ᐃᒃᓯᕙᐅᑕ – ᓇᑕᓴ ᓚᑐᕿᐅ
Chair – Natasha Latreille
ᐃᒃᓯᕙᐅᑕᕈᓯᖅ – ᕈᐸ ᖁᒪᖓᐱᒃ
Vice-Chair – Ruben Komangapik
ᓂᐱᓕᐅᖅᑎ – ᐊᑯᒪᓕᒃ ᑎᒃᑭᕕᒃ
Recording Secretary – Akumalik Tikkivik
ᑭᓇᐅᔭᓕᕆᔨ – ᔭᓂ ᓱᓯ
Treasurer – Jenny Soucie
ᓇᐃᓯᕐᒥᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᔨ – ᐱᓕ ᒥᖁᓴᒃ
Cultural Advisor – Billy Merkosak
ᐅᖃᓚᒃᑎ – ᔭᓯ ᖃᖑᒃ
Communications – Jessie Kangok
ᒪᒃᑯᑐᐃᑦ ᐅᖃᑦᑎᐊ – ᑕᓄᕙᓐ ᕼᓐᑐ ᑐᑐ
Youth Representative – Donovan Hunter Tootoo
1:00– 4:00 pm
Saturday, January 28, 2022
In Person at Room #117, 815 St. Laurent Blvd
And By Zoom:
- Everyone attending the AGM in person will write their name in the Sign In book, at the door of #117. The name of everyone attending by Zoom will be noted in a digital AGM Virtual Attendance Log being filled out as each person enters the meeting.
- 1:00 -Opening by Prayer – Jushua Illauq
- Introductions – each person present in person, or by video or by phone on the Zoom call briefly introduces her/him self
- Welcome by Natasha , Chair of Isaruit Board of Directors
- Agenda of the AGM – Approval
- Approve the 2021 AGM Minutes from January 2022 meeting – Approval
- Slide show of Isaruit Activities Over the Past Year – Isaruit Staff
- Table the Programs Report (slides presented) & Approval – Bev Illauq, Centre Coordinator
- Table the Financial Statements & Approval – Bev Illauq, Treasurer
- Each of outgoing Board Members’ comments – Natasha Latreille, Beverly Illauq, Jessie Kangok
- Election of new Isaruit Board of Directors members – 4 positions open
- Chair’s comments – Natasha Latreille
- Positions open: Descriptions given – Beverly Illauq
- Recording Secretary
- Youth Rep
- NOMINATIONS: Nominations received for each position will be reviewed, and nominations will be opened from the floor.
- If a person nominated is not present, that person will be called during the meeting to confirm they will let their name stand.
- Time will be given for any nominee to say what they appreciate about Isaruit and why they would like to be on the Board
- VOTING . Voting will take place with ballots by position. For those attending in person, they will fill out a paper ballot. For those using on line voting they will receive their ballots through EMAIL by writing to email@example.com and will submit their ballot for each position by email, when called for.
- If there is only one person per position, that person will be acclaimed to that position.
- Any position with no nominees will be left vacant.
- Approval of New Board Members for the new Board Members Other business of the Board
- Door Prizes
- Dismissal of Meeting – Approval
Notes Regarding the Zoom call:
- The Waiting Room is enabled. Beverly Illauq is hosting the Zoom meeting. Isaruit staff will let you in to the meeting from the waiting room as soon as they can. It might take up to 5 minutes if there are a lot of people who come on all at once.
- Please check out the Mute/ Unmute button at the BOTTOM LEFT of your Zoom video screen. Please keep yourself on “MUTE”, except when you are speaking.
- When you want to speak, put your hand up by you face. The host will call on you to speak. Then UNMUTE your microphone and speak. Don’t forget to mute it again.
- Click “Chat” at the bottom of your Zoom screen to be able to write things in the meeting chat- questions or comments – or to share information during the meeting. It’s easier than sending an email.
- You can communicate with the meeting host (Beverly Illauq) at any time in a ‘private chat’… just find her name in the list, click on private chat and type in your comment to her. Or you can call her on her cell phone at any time: 613 298 6209
- If someone is being disrespectful, they may have to leave the meeting. Isaruit Host Staff do this.
- We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
Beverly Illauq is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Isaruit Annual General Meeting
Time: Jan 28, 2023 11:00 PM Montreal
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 843 6103 3060
One tap mobile
+1 564 217 2000,,84361033060#,,,,*377478# US
+1 646 558 8656,,84361033060#,,,,*377478# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 843 6103 3060
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kd8w3BMxvN