The Cultural Advisor officer of the Isaruit Board will oversee Isaruit‘ s engagement with, and resources uptake for Isauit staff and programs to become more and more knowledgeable in Inuit Cultural practices.
- Support the Centre Coordinator, (Executive Director when hired), and the Technical Faciliator who are on staff with Isaruit, and any other Isaruit Employees in remaining true to Inuit Cultural practices, including but not limited to Inuit Qaujimajatuqaangiit.
- Be attentive to the needs of Inuit artists anywhere in Canada, and support them to continue to share their knowledge and experience of traditional and present day Inuit culture and language practices.
- Advocate for a main stream individual and corporate understanding of Inuit cultural values and practices.
- Help find outside support for the communications aspects of Isaruit, culturally, linguistically, and financially by connecting with agencies and funders who can help promote Isaruit Inuit Arts agendas, projects and programs.
- Promote and support the use of spoken Inuktitut language at all Isaruit events, by supporting staff and participants to continue to develop their own Inuktitut language skills , and by looking out for the translators and interpreters who work with Isaruit.
- Directly and indirectly advertise, promote and clarify Isaruit Inuit Arts: Pijunarnivut initiative to support Inuit individuals, families and communities, no matter where they are, especially in the visual arts that promote living Inuit Culture and language
- Attend Board meetings once per month by Zoom or in person when the Directors so choose.
- Attend Isaruit Conferences and celebrations as much as possible
- Advise personally or find Inuit elders to advise as needed, – Isaruit staff and participants on Cultural issues when appropriate and possible.